Room Descriptions Edit
- The top of the tower is sunken into the earth around it. (They can roll to see why it has sunken). The slate of the tower is worn and covered in moss and other greenery. Looking through the archer slits you can see that it is pitch black inside that portion of the tower.
- The ladder takes you into the centre of the tower. The wooden floor beneath you is warped and rotten in places. Through the cracks in the floor you can see light coming from the floor. Looking around you can see four beds along one wall. The eastern wall is busted down with black dirt spilling into the room. The northern wall has a spiral staircase.
- The spiral staircase leads into an even larger portion of the tower. Voices can be heard nearby. The floor is made of solid slate with moss growing along the cracks. Parts of the wall are caved in with more black dirt spilling in. There is a large area rug and beds and chests beyond it. (If they roll a successful perception check they can see a blue light coming from the centre of the carpet).
- As you open the wooden grate you can see a blue light coming out. The sound of running water can be heard from below. As you climb down the rope ladder you can see a large cavern before you (about 100 yards by 100 yards). The ladder ends on a wooden platform floating in the centre of a small body of water. Two small waterfalls can be seen in the distance. On the opposite side of the room is a beach with an exit where the water is also exiting. The walls have blue stones embedded in the stone which gives off the blue hue.
- There are columns of stone carved into the shape of tree trunks. The columns are placed randomly around the room like trees in a forest. There is a system of stone roots crawling along the floor with marble branches expanding across the ceiling. There are even a few carvings of small birds and squirrels. The sculpting does not appear Elven and it is not something that Dwarves would carve.
- As you open the gates a large battering ram swings toward you. You can either disarm it before opening or dodge it with a DEX save. Beyond the ram is a pentagon shaped room. Torches are placed along the walls and braziers stand in the centre of the room. At the back of the room there is a platform that has a syrcophagus lying on a slab of slate. To the left and right there are tunnels. Beyond the syrchophagus is a tapestry of a fist holding a dagger in a stabbing motion.
- The tunnels have multiple coffins lying in the walls. At the end of the hall is a small storage room behind an iron gate.
- As you open the door you see a hoard of treasure. Coins cover every inch of the room, and jeweled objects of precious metals jut from the money like glittering islands in a sea of gold. (The room is trapped, if they just walk in there is a falling ceiling trap. DC 10 to spot the trap. DC 15 with thieves tools to disarm. DC 15 saving throw for half damage (2d10)
- As you walk down the stairs, you can see a pool of water on either side of the staircase. The hall makes a complete square. If they inspect the walls they can find a hidden room behind it. Behind the wall is a hidden chest (mimic)
- There is another platform with a man of clockwork standing beside the chest. Behind another tapestry is another staircase.
- The staircase leads further into the earth. It descends into a large tunnel with the flowing water running beneath the staircase.
- The staircase plateaus and leads to a large cavern. A stream of water flows from the ceiling, landing in a pool of water where three men are bathing.
- Two men of clockwork stand beside another chest. They are similar to the huntsman but smaller.
- There is a drop, with a ladder leading down. Two goblins are moving boxes around, talking in Goblin
- This is where the bandits keep the majority of their goods. Bandits are moving barrels around and taking inventory.
- The water is once again falling from the ceiling and leading into another cavern. A large contraption (crane) is being used to lift barrels of goods from below.
- The door opens into the outside world. There is a 50 foot drop and a staircase leading to the beach below. Tents are set up. Water is flooding out of a cavern to your left and emptying into the ocean. A ship is anchored about 100 ft out.
- The cavern has water falling from the ceiling and the other half of the lifting contraption.
- The city guard is held here in a cage. They can be released so they can return to the city.
AC: 12 - HP (2d8 + 2) - Speed 30 ft
STR 11 (0), DEX 12 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 10 (0), WIS 10 (0), CHA 10 (0)
Passive Perception 10
Scimitar: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft, hit (1d6 + 1) slashing
Light Crossbow: +3 to hit, range 80/320, hit (1d8 + 1) piercing
AC: 15 - HP (2d6) - Speed 30 ft
STR 8 (-1), DEX 14 (+2), CON 10 (0), INT 10 (0), WIS 8 (-1), CHA 8 (-1)
Stealth +6, dark vision 60 ft, passive perception 9
Scimitar: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft, hit (1d6 + 2) slashing
Short bow: +4 to hit, range 80/320, hit (1d6 + 2) piercing
AC: 12 - HP (9d8 + 18) - Speed 15 ft
STR 17 (+3), DEX 12 (+1), CON (+2), INT 5 (-3), WIS 13 (+1), CHA 8 (-1)
Stealth +5, Acid DMG Immune, Prone Immune, dark vision 60 ft, passive perception 11
Shapechanger: Can use its action to polymorph into an object or back into it's true, amorphous form.
Adhesive (object form only): Adheres to anything that it touches. Creatures huge and smaller are considered grappled when adhered. Escape DC 13 with disadvantage.
False Appearance: While the mimic remain motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary object.
Grappler: Has advantage on attack rolls against creature grappled by it.
Pseudopod: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, hit (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning, if hit the subject is adhered
Bite: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, hit (1d8 + 3) piercing + (1d8) acid)
AC 14 - HP (7d8 + 21) - Speed 30 ft, Swim 40 ft
STR 16 (+3), DEX 13 (+1), CON 16 (+3), INT 12 (+1), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 13 (+1)
Dark vision 60 ft, passive perception 11
Aquan, Common, Giant
Amphibious: Can breath under water
Horrific Appearance: Any humanoid that starts within 30 ft of hag must make a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw. On failed save the creature is frightened for 1 minute. Can repeat the saving throw at end of its turn. If hag is in line of sight they have disadvantage. If saving throw is successful the creature cannot be affected for another 24 hours.
Claws: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, hit (2d6 +3) slashing
Death Glare: Can target a frightened creature within 30 feet. Creature must succeed on a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw or drop to 0 hp.
AC 14 - HP (20d8 + 20) - 40 ft
STR 17 (+3), DEX 14 (+2), CON 12 (+1), INT 4 (-3), WIS (0), CHA 1 (-5)
Saving Throws: STR +5, DEX +4
Perception +4, Survival +4
Immune to Poison, Psychic
Immune to Charm, Exhaustion, Fright, Paralyzed, Petrified, Poison
Dark vision 60 ft, passive perception
Immutable Form: Immune to any spell that would effect its form
Magic Resistance: Advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects
Long sword: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, hit (1d8 +3) slashing
Slam: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, (1d6 + 3) bludgeoning
Explosive Core: Every creature within 5 ft of the construct take (3d6) fire damage, or half with successful DC 13 DEX saving throw
Kobold Scale Sorcerer
AC 15 - HP (5d6 + 10) - Speed 30 ft
STR 7 (-2), DEX 15 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 10 (0), WIS 9 (-1), CHA 14 (+2)
Arcana +2, Medicine +1
Dark vision 60 ft, passive perception 9
Cantrip: fire bolt, mage hand, mending, poison spray
1st level (4 slots): Charm person, Chromatic orb, expeditious retreat
2nd level (2 slots): scorching ray
Sorcery Points (3): Can give disadvantage on spell saving throw for 3, can cast spell without somatic or verbal for 1
Dagger: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft or range 20/60, hit (1d4 +2)